Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Review of Cline Organic Cool Climate Syrah

I had this wine at one of my favorite restaurants a few weeks ago and I have to say I was very impressed with it. I am not (repeat - NOT) one of those unfortunate individuals who thinks that organic wine is inherently inferior. These poor saps are holding over their prejudices from a time when the only people making organic wine were people who knew a lot more about growing an organic grape than they did about making a good wine. This is no longer true, and I hope more winos like myself will try wines such as this Syrah and wake up to the incredible new world of good, organic wine.

I should probably make a clarification here - this is not the first good organic wine I have tasted. I find that, nowadays, it is pretty easy to find a good organic wine. This is however the first GREAT organic wine I have tasted. This wine would be fabulous organic or not, and the fact that it is organic just makes it that much cooler.

Some quick tasting notes - Very powerful, full on the pallate, but soft enough to go with spicy fish (I had a thai shrimp curry). Definite note of bacon fat (I love typing that) and smooth after-taste.

Go get this wine yo! Cline Cool Climate Syrah

Image provided by Cline Cellars

No comments: